This healthy, high-protein snack is great for those that are on the go!
• 2 cups kale (200 g), Tuscan
• 4 cloves garlic
• olive oil, to taste
• ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 60g sun-dried tomato (in oil)
• 4 large eggs
• 680g quinoa (cooked and cooled)
• 90g oat flour
• 1 tablespoon dried oregano
• 1 tablespoon dried basil
• 1 tablespoon dried parsley
• 1 tablespoon kosher salt
• 30g freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. Finely chop the Tuscan kale. Mince the garlic.
3. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Sauté the minced garlic and red pepper flakes for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the kale and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. Chop the sun-dried tomatoes and add to the kale mixture.
5. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, then add the quinoa, oat flour, kale mixture, oregano, basil, parsley, salt, and Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
6. Shape the quinoa mixture into 20 small patties. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, until the patties are golden brown and crispy.
8. Serve as desired. The bites will keep in the fridge for up to 6 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
• Calories 812
• Fat 23g
• Carbs 118g
• Fibre 16g
• Sugar 6g
• Protein 36g